Apprentice Communication and Retention Project
Scroll down to see how to use this video
Sometimes being late to work is unavoidable. Apprentices should notify their supervisor as soon as they know they will be late to ensure that the business continues to run effectively. It is also a good idea to report to the supervisor on arrival so they can communicate which tasks need to be done first
Using this video
- Talk about what your workplace expects.
- Why do you think punctuality is an issue for employers?
- Is there a written policy on expected behaviours in your work place?
Ideas and feedback from industry
- “All the messages have value for all employees.”
- “Our jobs are constantly changed and it’s difficult to manage time.”
- “Customers and uptime are very important.”